The La Grange Fire Department is currently accepting applications for the position of Firefighter. Additional information and applications are available by visiting www.recruitment.iosolutions.org. Application deadline will be at 2:00 p.m. on Friday, May 1, 2015.
All individuals interested in becoming a Firefighter must meet the following minimum requirements:
• $35 Non-refundable application fee
• Be a United States Citizen
• No felony convictions
• Possess a valid driver’s license
• Possess a High School Diploma or its equivalent
• Current EMT-B certification at time of application (Note: At the time of hire the applicant must possess a certified EMT-P Paramedic License from the State of Illinois)
• Be at least 21 and under 35 years of age at the time of application, or as otherwise provided by the Board of Fire and Police Commissioners Act (65 ILCS 5/10-2.1)
• Submit proof of a valid Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT) and Approved Ladder Climb card from a licensed Agency. Card must be dated within one year of the application deadline (valid if issued May 1, 2014 through May 1, 2015). Candidates must possess a valid and current CPAT card and Approved Ladder Climb card at time of appointment.
CPAT testing agencies:
Southwest United Fire Districts (SUFD) – www.sufd.org or (708) 579-2064
Northeast Illinois Public Safety Training Academy (NIPSTA) – www.nipsta.org or 847-998-8090
Preference points will be awarded for military service, education, and firefighting experience.
All portions of the testing process are mandatory. Failure to attend and complete any portion of the process will result in elimination from employment consideration.
Written Exam/Orientation Information:
Saturday, June 13, 2015
Lyons Township High School Room 251
100 S. Brainard Avenue
La Grange, IL 60525
You are required to arrive at the testing location no later than 8:00 a.m. with a photo identification (valid driver’s license or State ID) to sign in. NO LATE ADMITTANCE.
The written test consists of two components: 1) a traditional firefighter examination that assesses cognitive ability and behavioral characteristics; and 2) a scenario-based skills assessment that assesses job-related skills. Cut-off score 70%.