The Fire Prevention Bureau is responsible for mitigating potential fire and life safety hazards within the Village. This is accomplished by enforcing codes and conducting life safety inspections. Ensuring buildings are safe plays an important role in saving life and property.
The following are some of the services provided in an effort to promote fire prevention and awareness through a proactive approach to fire and life safety:
- Conducting fire and evacuation drills at schools within the Village
- Coordinating public and fire safety education
- Inspecting existing buildings for life safety and fire hazards
- Investigating fires to determine origin and cause
- Reviewing new construction and/or remodeling projects as they relate to fire code compliance and life safety concerns
- Conducting Certificates of Occupancy Inspection on all new laws
- Chapter 35: Fire Department
- Chapter 38: Discharge of Hazardous Materials
- Chapter 91: Alarm Systems
- Chapter 94: Fire Prevention Code
Provide a link or copy of a Business Requirements Document (PDF) which outlines what businesses need to do to comply with Certificate of Occupancy Inspections, Fire Alarm, Sprinkler System and Hood Duct testing requirements along with Fire Extinguisher annual requirements.
Fire Prevention Open House
In October of every year, we host a Fire Prevention Open House at the Fire Station:
300 W. Burlington Avenue
La Grange, IL 60525
Numerous fire safety-related demonstrations, interactive displays are conducted, and the fire apparatus is on display.
For More Information
If you have any questions or require additional information, please contact the La Grange Fire Department at (708) 579-2338.