La Grange Forward Comprehensive Plan Update
La Grange is currently in the process of updating its comprehensive plan. Full details are available on the project website, www.lagrangeforward.org (LINK).
Comprehensive Plan / Burlington Northern Santa Fe (BNSF) Corridor Plan
The current Comprehensive Plan was adopted by the Village Board on May 9, 2005. View the complete Comprehensive Plan (PDF) (13.7 MB) or open as individual sections:
- Article V. Economic Development Plan (PDF)
- Article VI. BNSF Railroad Corridor Plan (PDF)
- Article VII. Implementation (PDF)
- Appendix (PDF)
The Market Assessments (PDF) for the Village of La Grange provide an overview of the residential, retail, office, and industrial markets in La Grange.
- Memorandum Number 1: Conditions Inventory, Public Input, Issues, and Opportunities Summary (PDF) - Memorandum No. 1 provides a background summary of the current and future conditions in La Grange. This document includes:
- Community facilities
- Summary of pre-existing planning policies
- Summary of the consulting team's preliminary analysis of key planning issues
- Transit, circulation, and parking facilities
- Village's existing land use and conditions
- Memorandum Number 2: Goals, Objectives, and Land Use Concepts (PDF)
Urban Design Guidelines
The Urban Design Guidelines (PDF) are principles to guide design decisions with regard to both public and private improvements within the Corridor to facilitate a consistent visual image and pedestrian-friendly characters.
For More Information
If you have any questions, please contact the Community Development Department at (708) 579-2320.
Note: The colors on the plan figures have been selected primarily for on-screen readability. Printed versions of the maps may look quite different, and colors may be hard to distinguish when printed. Also, note that the plan figures are set up to be printed on a size 11 inches by17 inches paper. If printed at a smaller size they may be difficult to read.