Contractor Registration Requirements
Note the requirements for registration have changed effective January 01, 2021.
Effective January 01, 2021 the Village has implemented new contractor registration requirements including revised bond and insurance requirements. Registration fees have not changed. Contractor registrations are valid from January 01 through December 31 of each year.
Contractor Registration Application Form
Certificate of Insurance Example
As a courtesy, the Village provides a template for the required certificate of insurance.
Once you have all required documents you can email completed PDF's to email@example.com and you will be contacted for payment options. Please note, all original signed bonds must be mailed to the Community Development Department. Note, no application will considered complete until the original signed bond has been received.
**Please note as of August 1, 2021 the new building code takes effect and contains the following provision:
150.08 (H) Suspension, Revocation of Contractor Registration. If a contractor commits any one or more of the offenses listed below, then the Building Official may immediately suspend, revoke, or deny the renewal of any or all registrations or licenses related to the contractor or agent of the contractor. A contractor registration issued by the Village may be suspended or revoked for any of the following causes:
1. Any fraud, misrepresentation or false statement contained in any application.
2. Failure to obtain any necessary building permit for work requiring a permit.
3. Failure to comply with any applicable building codes or failure to correct any violation of a building code, including, among other things, failure to request required inspections.
4. A pattern of code violations or defects in construction performed in the Village.
5. Conviction of any felony or any misdemeanor when the conviction indicates an inability to perform building or construction services in a safe, honest and legitimate manner.
6. Failure to promptly pay any fine, penalty, fee, or charge owed to the Village.
7. Refusal to allow an inspection or material sampling, or any interference with an authorized Village representative performing his or her inspection duties.
The revocation of a contractor's license by the Village will not preclude the Village from prosecuting a violation of this Code or imposing any other penalty under this Code, any Village ordinance, or any other applicable law. The Village will provide notice of a license revocation at the contractor’s most recent address on file with the Village.