Licenses are $10 and are available for purchase Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm, from March 1 through April 30 at the Village Hall
53 S. La Grange Rd
La Grange, IL 60525
Ph: (708) 579-2301
For your convenience, residents are able to purchase vehicle and animal licenses online starting March 1st. Click here
to use this free service.
Additional licensing details include:
- All dogs and cats more than three months old must be leashed and licensed.
- Animal licenses are mailed in late February of each year and are due on April 30.
- Animals found running at large are subject to being impounded at the animal shelter. This will result in additional fines and fees to the owner as well as shots for the animal if proof of vaccination cannot be determined.
- A penalty will be assessed on any animal licenses purchased after April 30th. Please note there is no grace period. If you do not receive a renewal form by the middle of March, please call and a form will be mailed.
- New residents have 30 days from the date they move to La Grange to purchase a license without penalty.
- Residents are still responsible for the purchase of animal licenses whether they receive a renewal form in the mail or not.