The roadway resurfacing project is a joint partnership between the Villages of La Grange and La Grange Park since Brewster Avenue serves as the boundary between the communities. The roadway project will consist of intermittent curb and sidewalk repair, asphalt resurfacing, and pavement striping, The work is scheduled to begin the week of June 10 and be completed by the end of July.
The construction sequence for the project will generally be as follows:
- Repair sewers and other underground infrastructure.
- Replace deteriorated curb and gutter, and sidewalk.
- Remove existing asphalt surfaces, and adjust drainage structures.
- Install new asphalt roadway pavement.
- Repair any damaged parkways.