Ryan Gillingham, P.E.
Director of Public Works
320 East Ave.
Ph: (708) 579-2328
Monday - Friday
7:00 am - 3:30 pm
The Department of Public Works is the local municipal department responsible for the following services:
- Maintenance of 53 miles of public streets and alleys, 100 miles of sidewalks, and associated signage
- Maintenance of municipal buildings and Central Business District
- Operation and maintenance of the sanitary sewer and storm water collection and conveyance systems, which includes 72 miles of combined, storm, and sanitary sewers
- Operation and maintenance of the Village’s potable water system, which includes 60 miles of water main, 4,500 water meters and services, 591 fire hydrants, and 862 water valves
- Operation of street lighting system
- Oversight of Village engineering services related to the Village’s infrastructure
- Preservation and maintenance of an urban forest of approximately 10,000 trees and 13 acres of landscape
- Snow and ice control services for public roadways and parking lots
- Brush and leaf pickup